Since 2006, when we started our project in Mirador Los Volcanes, we have always had an important goal in mind: to leave as little trace of our existence as possible. Since the beginning of our adventure in this property, we have concentrated on an ambitious plan of recycling and regeneration, social awareness and education.
Mirador Los Volcanes seeks to demonstrate that sustainability can be incorporated into high-class establishments, combining elements of environmental conservation, education, training, luxury, community development and innovative construction techniques
Good practices and sustainable development
- Recycling Containers for paper, glass, cans and plastics that are sent to recycling companies.
- Humanitarian grant programs to help schools and our community
- All our employees are from the area so we can "recycle" our profits back to our community
- Educating our employees, guests and neighbors about good practices
- Advanced composting system for the recycling of organic waste
- A greenhouse where organic herbs and vegetables are grown for our restaurant. The soil comes from compost material prepared in our recycling area.
In Mirador Los Volcanes, sustainability has been a key element in planning and construction. Some of the sustainable practices of physical property and operation per se include:
- Solar panels to illuminate access and common areas.
- Underground electrical systems that do not interfere with wildlife or endanger guests and workers.
- All the illumination is with devices of low consumption and with technology Led.
- In season we offer our own orchard products and fruit trees, organically grown.
- Recycling of biodegradable products to be used as fertilizer.
- Copper and silver ionization system to clean pool water, minimizing the use of chlorine.
- 1 gallon flush toilets is used throughout the establishment.